We are seeking new team members! Positions are available at the postdoctoral, graduate, and undergraduate levels.
Ongoing postdoc searches: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/10512BR
If you are interested in a postdoctoral position, please contact Dr. DeKosky with a concise email explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the lab. It is also highly recommended for your doctoral advisor to send a letter of recommendation by email or phone to the PI.
The DeKosky Lab has positions available for talented, motivated, and enthusiastic graduate students. We can only accept graduate students who have been admitted to graduate programs in Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering. For details on how to apply, visit the appropriate graduate program website.
Undergraduate students interested in conducting independent research studies in the DeKosky Lab are welcome to contact the PI at dekosky [at] ku [dot] edu . Several ways to get involved in research in our lab or elsewhere are:
- Chemical Engineering Honors program
- KU Research Experience Program
- Other funding resources can be found here
Undergraduates that apply to the DeKosky Lab should meet the following expectations:
- have taken or plan to take substantial coursework in biology
- commit at least 12-15 hours to the lab per week during the semester and 40 hours per week during the summer
- attempt to find research funding, particularly for summer research
- attain independence and understanding of the research being carried out
- attend weekly lab meetings and recommended seminars